Military Spouse Education Benefits at CalSouthern

Spouses and dependents of active-duty military service members and veterans are eligible for adjusted tuition at CalSouthern.

Spouses may also be eligible to participate in the Military Spousal Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA). MyCAA is a Department of Defense-sponsored program designed to help military spouses pursue certain levels of education. California Southern University accepts MyCAA funding for enrollment in its certificate programs.

You are eligible for MyCAA if:
  • You are a spouse of an active-duty service member
  • Your spouse has a military pay grade of E – 1 to E – 5, W – 1 to W – 2, or O – 1 to O – 2
  • You can complete your coursework while your spouse is on active duty

How Does MyCAA Work?

You can request military spouse education funding up to a maximum benefit of $4,000. Prior to requesting MyCAA financial assistance, please call an enrollment advisor at CalSouthern to discuss your eligibility. The entire process is handled on the Career One Source portal

Your MyCAA benefits, including a maximum education allowance of $4,000 with an annual fiscal cap of $2,000, can be used to pay for certificate courses or an associate degree program.

Your Military Spouse Education (MyCAA) Funds Are Available for the Following Certificate Programs:

Psychology Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs

Business Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs

Veterans/Military tuition rate adjustment program:

Veterans/Military with verified documentation required as part of the application process.
Spouse of veterans.

  • $75.00 application fee required
  • 15% tuition rate adjustment on appropriate or applicable tuition rate for those that qualify.

Please contact the Admissions Team for more information regarding the Veterans/ Military tuition rate adjustment program. Thank you for your service!

Contact Office of Admissions: | 1.800.477.2254 Ext. 1