Military Spouse Education Benefits at CalSouthern
Spouses and dependents of active-duty military service members and veterans are eligible for discounted tuition at CalSouthern. In addition, their application fees will be waived.
Spouses may also be eligible to participate in the Military Spousal Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA). MyCAA is a Department of Defense-sponsored program designed to help military spouses pursue certain levels of education. California Southern University accepts MyCAA funding for enrollment in its certificate programs.
- You are a spouse of an active-duty service member
- Your spouse has a military pay grade of E – 1 to E – 5, W – 1 to W – 2, or O – 1 to O – 2
- You can complete your coursework while your spouse is on active duty
You can request military spouse education funding up to a maximum benefit of $4,000. Prior to requesting MyCAA financial assistance, please call an enrollment advisor at CalSouthern to discuss your eligibility. The entire process is handled on the Career One Source portal militaryonesource.mil.
Your MyCAA benefits, including a maximum education allowance of $4,000 with an annual fiscal cap of $2,000, can be used to pay for certificate courses or an associate degree program.
Your Military Spouse Education (MyCAA) Funds Are Available for the Following Certificate Programs:
- CPACD | Certificate in Alcoholism and Chemical Dependency
- CPIOP | Certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- CPPC | Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
- CPSP | Certificate in Sport Psychology
- CBFM | Certificate in Financial Management
- CBHR | Certificate in Human Resource Management
- CBIB | Certificate in International Business
- CBM | Certificate in Management
- CBPM | Certificate in Project Management