Veteran Education Benefits

CalSouthern is committed to helping our nation’s veterans develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed and advance in today’s workforce. We offer continuously updated, career-relevant degrees, and provide veterans with a dedicated support team led by a military advisor specially trained in the unique issues and challenges faced by military and veteran students.

Veterans/Military tuition rate adjustment program:

Veterans/Military with verified documentation required as part of the application process.
Spouse of veterans.

  • $75.00 application fee required
  • 15% tuition rate adjustment on appropriate or applicable tuition rate for those that qualify.

Please contact the Admissions Team for more information regarding the Veterans/ Military tuition rate adjustment program. Thank you for your service!

Contact Office of Admissions: | 1.800.477.2254 Ext. 1

In addition to offering tuition adjustment to veterans and their spouses and dependents, CalSouthern is authorized to accept educational benefits under the Department of Veterans Affairs Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 1606 and 1607.

To apply for benefits under Chapters 30, 32, 33, 34, 1606 and 1607, simply follow these four steps:

Step 1

To apply online visit and apply as a new VONAPP user. If you would rather mail in your application please complete VA form 22-1990 (22-5490 for those applying under Chapter 35) and mail to:

VA Regional Office
P. O. Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888

If you have already completed VA form 22-1990 and have previously used any of your military education benefits through your GI Bill®, please complete VA form 22-1995 (22-5495 for those applying under Chapter 35) (Change of Program or Place of Training Form) and send it to your CalSouthern military-designated enrollment advisor (contact at 1.800.477.2254).

Step 2

Once the VA has processed your paperwork, you will be sent your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You will need to make a copy of your COE and send it to your CalSouthern military-designated enrollment advisor.

Step 3

Contact your CalSouthern military-designated enrollment advisor (1.800.477.2254) to discuss the enrollment process and any other documentation that may be required.

Step 4

Once CalSouthern has finalized your enrollment, you will be contacted by your military academic advisor and the School Certifying Official (SCO) who will introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have. Upon completion of your new learner orientation, you will register for your first term. Once your courses are approved by your advisor, the SCO will submit the enrollment certification for each term based on the information provided on your Certificate of Eligibility.

GI Bill® Chapters

Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill®

  • The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received and honorable Discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • May transfer some or all of entitlement to dependents if sponsor is on active duty
  • Percentage of benefits paid is based on amount of active duty time after Sep 11, 2001 (40 - 100%)
  • Pays tuition and fees, book stipend, and housing stipend to the percent of benefits payable of sponsor and training time (full-time vs. part-time)

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill®

  • Available to those active duty members who enlisted in the U.S Armed Forces and paid $100 per month after 12 months. This entitles them to receive a monthly education benefit once they have completed a minimum service obligation
  • Not transferable to dependents
  • Pays the student a monthly stipend in arrears based on training time (full-time vs. part-time)
  • Must verify school attendance monthly

Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service

  • Assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs
  • Provides comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, and interests
  • Aids with post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
  • For veterans with a disability rating greater than 20%
  • Pays tuition and fees, books and supplies voucher, and monthly housing stipend
  • Must see Vocational Rehabilitation counselor to determine eligibility

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)