Bachelor of Applied Science Courses at CalSouthern
Below, please find the online courses that comprise CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Applied Science program. The core courses provide a well-rounded business curriculum. In addition, learners can choose elective courses to concentrate their studies in subject areas such as management, accounting, human resources, leadership, marketing and international business, among others.
Required Core Courses
BUS 2300 Introduction to Business
This course explores the world of business and economics, the ethical and social responsibility issues that affect business firms and our society, and the increasing importance of international business. Topics include trends in business today, entrepreneurship, management and organization, producing quality goods and services, human resources, marketing, acquiring, organizing, and using information, accounting, finance and investment, financial management, and personal finances and investments.Learning Outcomes:
- Define and explain business and its basic terms.
- Define ethics and understand the approaches to making ethical decisions.
- Compare the different strategies for reaching global markets.
- Describe the traits of a successful entrepreneur.
- Describe the Human Resource Management process.
- Identify and describe techniques that improve productivity.
- Describe the steps in the accounting cycle and explain different areas of accounting.
- Explain the strategies of building a financial base.
- Summarize the basics of economics, including supply and demand.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
Bachelor of Applied Science Elective Courses
Elective courses can be chosen from any undergraduate program. Concentration in a specific subject area requires 15 semester credits of elective courses in that specific area of study.