Bachelor of Applied Science Courses at CalSouthern
Below, please find the online courses that comprise CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Applied Science program. The core courses provide a well-rounded business curriculum. In addition, learners can choose elective courses to concentrate their studies in subject areas such as management, accounting, human resources, leadership, marketing and international business, among others.
Required Core Courses
ENT 2100 Entrepreneurship
This course focuses on the skills and competencies required to effectively develop, organize, and manage a new business from an entrepreneurial perspective. Over the past decade, the fundamental dynamics of entrepreneurship have changed. Therefore, the student is introduced to these new advances in technology, innovations in business strategies, international cultures, and societal changes required of today’s entrepreneurs. The student also explores the entrepreneurial management model from conception to maturity.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the 10 myths of entrepreneurship.
- Explain opportunity identification, creative process, and personal creativity.
- Describe the various types of business organizations.
- Explain pros and cons of equity and debt financing.
- Evaluate prospective markets and the use of primary and secondary data.
- Explain the purpose of a business plan.
- Contrast strategic planning and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Analyze methods and ratios for business valuation.
- Contrast factors for properly evaluating a business for profitability.
- Explain the inside and outside family pressures on entrepreneurship.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
Bachelor of Applied Science Elective Courses
Elective courses can be chosen from any undergraduate program. Concentration in a specific subject area requires 15 semester credits of elective courses in that specific area of study.