Bachelor of Applied Science Courses at CalSouthern
Below, please find the online courses that comprise CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Applied Science program. The core courses provide a well-rounded business curriculum. In addition, learners can choose elective courses to concentrate their studies in subject areas such as management, accounting, human resources, leadership, marketing and international business, among others.
Required Core Courses
UNIV 2000 University Success Online
The purpose of this course is to familiarize the Learner with the concepts required for taking courses in an online environment where all of the facets of the course are completed online. This course reviews computer hardware and software components. Learners will explore the Learning Management System as well as successful study habits. Learners will practice uploading and downloading skills to complete assignments. Learners will learn how to employ decision making and digital organizational skills to implement technological processes for a successful academic undertaking.
- Identify computer hardware, software, and Internet protocol standards.
- Provide understanding of importance of computer literacy for success in academics.
- Provide understanding of Online Learning Systems and integrate knowledge to complete online coursework.
- Understand the fundamentals of Microsoft Word and the APA Paper source citation and references.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet as they pertain to assignment completion.
- Understand and use Microsoft PowerPoint to complete online assignments.
- Utilize the 7 Habits of Highly Effective College Students.
- Identify the basic principles of human learning.
- Identify the basic principles of the successful learning environment.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Mentor and Surveys
Bachelor of Applied Science Elective Courses
Elective courses can be chosen from any undergraduate program. Concentration in a specific subject area requires 15 semester credits of elective courses in that specific area of study.