School of Business Faculty
The faculty mentors in CalSouthern’s School of Business are experienced business professionals as well as dedicated, responsive and highly credentialed educators.
They will be there for you—via phone, email or Skype—to answer any questions you may have and to help you master the course material. And, equally important, they will help you take the concepts you learn and apply them to resolve challenges commonly faced in today’s increasingly complex and globalized business world, using the latest best practices.
CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are positive, encouraging and supportive—and entirely dedicated to your academic and professional success.
John Q. Belt, DBA, PsyD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Dr. Belt was the Past President of QuinLab Consulting, LLC, in Dallas, Texas. QuinLab’s paramount focus was developing geological models for natural gas prospects, designing crude oil exploration programs for independent clients, and providing geochemical analytical laboratory services for E&P clients. Prior to creating and operating QuinLab, Dr. Belt worked over 30 years with Atlantic-Richfield Company (ARCO) as a Quality Control Laboratory Manager, the Halliburton Company as a Geochemical Exploration Laboratory Manager, and GeoFrontiers Corporation as the Vice President of Geochemical Exploration & Laboratory Services.
Dr. Belt is a current or past Member or Fellow of numerous professional organizations and holds several professional certifications. He has presented technical papers at numerous professional conferences and published articles in several professional journals. Dr. Belt received the A. L. “Al” Cox Award for the Best Poster Presentation at a Regional Conference of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and his company was featured on the cover of “Oil & Gas Journal.”
PsyD, California Southern University, Costa Mesa, California; DBA, California Pacific University, Escondido, California; MBA Project Management and MBA Finance, Aspen University, Colorado; MBA International Business, Dallas Baptist University, Texas; MA Professional Development and MS Human Relations and Business, Amberton University, Texas; MS Physical Science, University of Houston, Texas; BS Geology, Lamar University ,Texas; AA Science, Lee College, Texas
- BUS 2405 - Career Management and Personal Marketing
- CAP 2400 - BBA Capstone
- CAP 2404 - BAS Capstone
- ENT 2100 - Entrepreneurship
- ENT 2101 - Business Plans for New Ventures
- LDR 2490 - Nonverbal Communications in Leadership
- MATH 1305 - Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- NS 1103 - Introduction to Geology
- NS 1107 - Environmental Science
- NS 1203 - Physical Geography
- NS 1205 - Introduction to Oceanography
- PSY 87521 - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PSY 87522 - Consulting in Business, Education and Mental Health
- SLDR 86000 - Essential Concepts for Strategic Management and Leadership
- SLDR 86006 - Customer Service Leadership