MBA With a Concentration in Healthcare Administration
Opportunities Abound Within This Growing, Fast-Evolving Field
The healthcare sector has experienced explosive growth in recent years, with many analysts—including those at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics—projecting that the growth will continue through the decade. Reasons for the expansion include the aging of the baby boomer generation, changes in healthcare policy and, perhaps most exciting, technological advances that have driven new specializations such as healthcare informatics: the leveraging of healthcare-related data to improve the quality of care in a cost-effective manner.
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration with a concentration in healthcare administration is designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills required in this fast-evolving field. It features a cutting-edge curriculum that includes topics such as managing epidemiology, healthcare ethics and legal compliance, informatics, quality control and cultural competency in healthcare administration, among others.
It’s a curriculum from the very forefront of the profession, and it is pragmatic, as well. The courses have been carefully designed to address the issues and solutions healthcare professionals engage in each day, and to give students the knowledge and practical skills they need for managerial and directorial positions within the medical field.
As a student in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you will be mentored by a faculty comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced professionals in the subjects they teach. With coursework delivered 100-percent online via CalSouthern’s proprietary learning platform, you’ll be able to study at your own pace and on your own schedule, without compromising your work and family lives.
But make no mistake, even though you’ll be doing your coursework remotely, you’ll never be alone. From the day you enroll, you will have a support team of faculty mentors, academic advisors, deans, administration and other professional staff who stand ready to give you all the guidance and support you need to successfully complete your degree program and achieve your personal and professional goals.
Healthcare Administration Courses
HCA 86814 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare
This purpose of this course is to increase the student’s awareness of the dimensions and complexities involved in caring for people from diverse cultural backgrounds. The student is exposed to effective cultural diversity skills and tools, plus, they will exam healthcare issues and perceptions from a broad social viewpoint. Students will investigate cultural health and illness traditions from multiple perspectives, to include: American Indian, Alaska Natives, Asian, Black, Hispanic, and White populations.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services.
- Explain population characteristics and immigration terms.
- Summarize facets of poverty and poverty guidelines.
- Explore the multiple relationships between health and illness.
- Explain traditional aspects of healthcare, factors that constitute traditional epidemiology, and components of the Health Traditional Model.
- Assess examples of traditional healthcare philosophies and systems.
- Examine the intricacies of ancient forms of healing, and how religion influences healing.
- Evaluate the relationship of healing, forms of healing, and rituals of birth and death among people of different religions.
- Explore Familial Health Traditions.
- Explain the healthcare delivery system, culture of the healthcare providers, and healthcare expenditures in the United States versus other nations.
- Explore healthcare spending and barriers to healthcare.
- Compare the Institution of Social Control and Modern Medical Care to Cultural Care.
- Examine the backgrounds of the American Indian and the Alaska Native populations.
- Summarize the demographic profiles of the American Indian and Alaska Native populations.
- Explore traditional Indian healers, healthcare problems of the American Indian, Alaska Native populations, and Indian Health Services.
- Summarize the backgrounds of Asian populations, practices of a traditional Asian healer, and the current healthcare problems of the Asian population.
- Explain demographic and new immigrant profiles of the Black population, plus, traditional methods of healing of the Black population.
- Explore current healthcare problems of the Black population.
- Appraise the background and demographic profile of the Hispanic population.
- Examine traditional methods of health maintenance, protection, and traditional healing methods of the Hispanic population.
- Review healthcare problems of the Hispanic population.
- Examine the background and demographic profile of the White population.
- Explain traditional methods of healing and health problems of the White population.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Assess information efficiently and effectively.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.