MBA With A Concentration in Human Resources Management
Become a Business Leader in a Growing Field With an MBA and Concentration in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in human resources management is the ideal degree for the person who wants to specialize in HR, but who also wants the comprehensive, high-level business knowledge to be an influential leader in their organization and to have the flexibility to take on multiple roles within the company.
CalSouthern’s MBA program will teach you the latest, most advanced managerial theories to enhance organizational performance. You’ll learn how to apply current technologies to analyze data and develop solutions to real-world business challenges, while honing the communication skills required of any business leader. And, by choosing elective courses in human resources management, compensation issues, labor relations, supervisory practice, and training and e-learning, you can focus your studies on the critical skills that will allow you to stand out as a leader in the rapidly growing field of human resources management.
As a Learner in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll be mentored by faculty who are not only dedicated professors, but who are also business leaders in their fields. They’ll combine the latest academic, theoretical concepts with real-world business practices and scenarios to give you a balanced educational experience that will have you ready to step into a leadership role in the business world. Your Faculty Mentors will be attentive and responsive, working with you on a one-on-one basis, identifying your particular learning style, as well as your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online. You’ll be able to progress at your own pace to accommodate your busy lifestyle. You can successfully complete the MBA program with a concentration in human resources management without compromising your family or professional obligations. We measure ourselves by your success, and you’ll have access to—and the support of—CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff every step of the way.
Human Resource Management Courses
HRM 86503 Human Resources Management
This course focuses on the understanding and management of human behavior in organizations for optimal organizational effectiveness and individual outcomes. Managing the dynamics of individual, group, and system relationships to achieve organizational goals is recognizeLearning Outcomes:
- Identify the ways firms gain competitive advantage through people.
- Explain the linkages between competitive strategies and human resources.
- Discuss significant court cases affecting equal employment opportunity.
- Indicate the methods used in job analysis.
- Compare the advantages of internal and external recruitment.
- Describe decision strategies for employee selection.
- Identify the principles of learning and describe how they facilitate training.
- Outline the characteristics of an effective performance appraisal.
- Explain employee concerns in developing a strategic compensation program.
- Discuss the basic requirements for successful implementation of incentive programs.
- Describe the characteristics of a sound benefits program.
- Summarize the general provisions of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Explain the concepts of employee rights and employer responsibilities.
- Identify and explain the principal federal laws which provide the framework for labor relations.
- Explain the economic, political, legal and cultural factors in different countries that human resource managers must consider.
- Describe the components of a high-performance work system.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Evaluate information critically and competently.