MBA With A Concentration in Human Resources Management
Become a Business Leader in a Growing Field With an MBA and Concentration in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in human resources management is the ideal degree for the person who wants to specialize in HR, but who also wants the comprehensive, high-level business knowledge to be an influential leader in their organization and to have the flexibility to take on multiple roles within the company.
CalSouthern’s MBA program will teach you the latest, most advanced managerial theories to enhance organizational performance. You’ll learn how to apply current technologies to analyze data and develop solutions to real-world business challenges, while honing the communication skills required of any business leader. And, by choosing elective courses in human resources management, compensation issues, labor relations, supervisory practice, and training and e-learning, you can focus your studies on the critical skills that will allow you to stand out as a leader in the rapidly growing field of human resources management.
As a Learner in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll be mentored by faculty who are not only dedicated professors, but who are also business leaders in their fields. They’ll combine the latest academic, theoretical concepts with real-world business practices and scenarios to give you a balanced educational experience that will have you ready to step into a leadership role in the business world. Your Faculty Mentors will be attentive and responsive, working with you on a one-on-one basis, identifying your particular learning style, as well as your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online. You’ll be able to progress at your own pace to accommodate your busy lifestyle. You can successfully complete the MBA program with a concentration in human resources management without compromising your family or professional obligations. We measure ourselves by your success, and you’ll have access to—and the support of—CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff every step of the way.
Human Resource Management Courses
HRM 87503 Labor Relations
This course examines the history and development of labor relations, the structure of union organizations and the process of negotiations and contract administration. The course begins by establishing the present state of the labor movement and models the decision process so that it can be used to decide whether or not to participate in organizing a union. Also covered are the laws and regulations governing collective bargaining, impasse resolution and contract administration.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the basic features of the contemporary U.S. labor relations system.
- Explain the historical significance and contrasting strategies of the major labor organizations.
- Assess the criticisms of U.S. labor law and possible directions for reform.
- Explain how new unions are formed in the United States.
- Compare the major third-party dispute resolution mechanisms and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain the nature of U.S. union contracts.
- Classify the pressures for increased workplace flexibility.
- Formulate alternative arrangements for governing the global workplace.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.