MBA With A Concentration in Human Resources Management
Become a Business Leader in a Growing Field With an MBA and Concentration in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in human resources management is the ideal degree for the person who wants to specialize in HR, but who also wants the comprehensive, high-level business knowledge to be an influential leader in their organization and to have the flexibility to take on multiple roles within the company.
CalSouthern’s MBA program will teach you the latest, most advanced managerial theories to enhance organizational performance. You’ll learn how to apply current technologies to analyze data and develop solutions to real-world business challenges, while honing the communication skills required of any business leader. And, by choosing elective courses in human resources management, compensation issues, labor relations, supervisory practice, and training and e-learning, you can focus your studies on the critical skills that will allow you to stand out as a leader in the rapidly growing field of human resources management.
As a Learner in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll be mentored by faculty who are not only dedicated professors, but who are also business leaders in their fields. They’ll combine the latest academic, theoretical concepts with real-world business practices and scenarios to give you a balanced educational experience that will have you ready to step into a leadership role in the business world. Your Faculty Mentors will be attentive and responsive, working with you on a one-on-one basis, identifying your particular learning style, as well as your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online. You’ll be able to progress at your own pace to accommodate your busy lifestyle. You can successfully complete the MBA program with a concentration in human resources management without compromising your family or professional obligations. We measure ourselves by your success, and you’ll have access to—and the support of—CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff every step of the way.
Human Resource Management Courses
HRM 87504 Supervisory Concepts and Practices
This course develops supervisory skills that can be used to improve job performance at the manager’s level. It focuses on contemporary issues such as: the changing workplace, management by wandering around, employee decision making and the need for trust, and contrasting views of empowerment and decentralization. It explains the blending of practice, theory, and skills necessary for effective supervision in modern organizational settings.Learning Outcomes:
- Determine why supervisors must continually grow and develop as professionals.
- Assess the concept of authority as a requirement for any managerial position.
- Generalize the implications that communication has on effective supervision management.
- Compare the reasons why people behave the way they do.
- Support the leadership components of supervision.
- Examine the importance of decision-making skills.
- Defend the supervisor’s role in organizational planning.
- Measure tactical strategies for gaining acceptance of plans.
- Define the Discipline without punishment approach to progressive discipline.
- Assess the value of organizational tools that are used in supervisory organizing efforts.
- Generalize how labor unions continue to affect organizations and the supervisory position.
- Defend the hiring decision and the importance of documentation.
- Compare the performance and clarify the supervisor’s role in the process.
- Evaluate the unity-of-command principle in relation to using directives.
- Support work groups and their meaning for supervisors.
- Evaluate the nature and importance of the managerial controlling function.
- Distinguish between supervisory handling of employee complaints and grievances in a unionized situation.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.