MBA With A Concentration in Human Resources Management
Become a Business Leader in a Growing Field With an MBA and Concentration in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in human resources management is the ideal degree for the person who wants to specialize in HR, but who also wants the comprehensive, high-level business knowledge to be an influential leader in their organization and to have the flexibility to take on multiple roles within the company.
CalSouthern’s MBA program will teach you the latest, most advanced managerial theories to enhance organizational performance. You’ll learn how to apply current technologies to analyze data and develop solutions to real-world business challenges, while honing the communication skills required of any business leader. And, by choosing elective courses in human resources management, compensation issues, labor relations, supervisory practice, and training and e-learning, you can focus your studies on the critical skills that will allow you to stand out as a leader in the rapidly growing field of human resources management.
As a Learner in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll be mentored by faculty who are not only dedicated professors, but who are also business leaders in their fields. They’ll combine the latest academic, theoretical concepts with real-world business practices and scenarios to give you a balanced educational experience that will have you ready to step into a leadership role in the business world. Your Faculty Mentors will be attentive and responsive, working with you on a one-on-one basis, identifying your particular learning style, as well as your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online. You’ll be able to progress at your own pace to accommodate your busy lifestyle. You can successfully complete the MBA program with a concentration in human resources management without compromising your family or professional obligations. We measure ourselves by your success, and you’ll have access to—and the support of—CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff every step of the way.
Human Resource Management Courses
HRM 87505 Effective Training and e-Learning
This course places training activities in the context of organizational strategy. It shows the important relationship between organizational practitioners and trainers and provides a model of the training process showing how it connects and contributes to achieving training objectives. It includes numerous examples of actual training solutions and the ways in which E-learning can improve the content of training programs by placing employees in virtual work environments that allow them to experiment and practice without fear of failure.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain how the training model can be applied to organizational improvement and problem solving.
- Analyze the strategic planning process, its components, and their relationships.
- Assess the cognitive and behavioral approaches to learning and their contradictory implications for instructional practices.
- Explain the purpose of a needs analysis.
- Evaluate the purpose of learning objectives.
- Design well-structured and compelling online training seminars.
- Assess different media.
- Integrate the elements in an instructional strategy.
- Summarize the interrelationships among the various levels of outcome evaluation.
- Demonstrate the key areas of organizational training.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of managers at different levels in the organization.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.