MBA with a Concentration in Project Management
Take Advantage of a Business Trend With an MBA and a Concentration in Project Management
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in project management is a versatile degree that’s perfectly suited to today’s business landscape. With more and more businesses organizing themselves along a project-based model, a comprehensive understanding of this discipline and an online project management degree can be valuable tools to set yourself apart in today’s competitive marketplace. Skilled project managers are increasingly in demand, across industries and across borders.
Factors like downsizing, outsourcing, and accelerated rates of change and product development are leading traditional businesses to transition into project-oriented organizations. CalSouthern can prepare you to take advantage of this trend. By supplementing your online MBA degree program with elective courses in areas such as project management organization, integration, and strategic design, among others, you can earn an MBA with a concentration in project management.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to provide the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. The university’s proprietary learning system is online, so you can work at your own pace without compromising your family life or your work obligations.
When you pursue your online MBA degree at CalSouthern, you’ll be guided by Faculty Mentors who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise proficiencies you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace, including project management skills such as new product development, project scope assessment, resource allocation, and team building and management. You’ll work with them on a one-to-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
In a competitive marketplace, you have to do everything you can to make sure that the skills and knowledge you develop correspond to real needs arising in today’s business landscape. With more and more companies following the trend toward project-focused business models, an online project management degree can give you every opportunity for success.
Project Management Courses
PM 86910 Project Management Capstone
The Project Management Capstone course provides the Learner with an opportunity to demonstrate they have achieved an acceptable level of academic and practical knowledge relative to the skills and discipline required for effective and efficient project management. The Capstone Project topic selection protocol is individualized based on the specific interests, professional requirements, and organizational latitude provided the Learner.Learning Outcomes:
- Review internet resources relevant to your Capstone Project topic.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies to the field of project management.
- Prepare a written document based on the Capstone Project protocols presented in this syllabus
- Assess how to recognize and compensate for constraints and limitations during the Capstone Project preparation process.
- Create a valid and reliable method for addressing project management issues, problems, and situations.
- Determine the proper research approach and research design methodology for assessing the Learner’s Capstone Project topic.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.