MBA with a Concentration in Management
Prepare Yourself to Lead With an MBA and Concentration in Management
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in management is designed to put you on the fast track toward a leadership-level position in a business organization. Not only will you develop the interpersonal and management skills required of upper-management executives, but you’ll arm yourself with an ability to take a broad, 360-degree view of complex organizations and scenarios—an invaluable skill that will pay dividends throughout your entire career.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to instill the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online, so you can progress in your degree program as quickly as your busy lifestyle will allow, without interfering with your family and professional obligations.
MBA candidates at CalSouthern are mentored by faculty who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace. You’ll work with them on a one-on-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
The online MBA degree program at CalSouthern will give you a broad, well-rounded understanding of how general management principles can be applied to enhance organizational performance. You’ll also apply current technology to research and analyze data to develop solutions to today’s business challenges, all while honing your written and oral communication skills that are absolutely essential in today’s workplace. And by choosing elective courses in organizational behavior, statistical analysis, change management, cross–cultural management, and management of information systems, among other electives, you can earn focus your MBA with a concentration in management.
CalSouthern is an innovator in distance learning since 1978. It’s a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree with a concentration in management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into today’s fast-moving business world with a robust education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has given you the tools you need to rise to a leadership position in your industry of choice.
MGT 86506 Organizational Behavior
This course provides advanced theories and techniques of organizational development focusing on information regarding the design, management and control of organizational development programs in business. The public sector and social services organizations are summarized.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Understand Organizational Behavior, effectiveness, challenges of globalization, diversity, and ethical behavior
- Describe elements of perception, stereotyping, and how emotional intelligence and stress can effect the workplace
- Explain foundations for employee motivation and applied performance practices to reward effectiveness
- Evaluate the decision-making process including alternatives and the effect on team dynamics
- Explain why communication is important and discuss barriers to effective communication
- Understand methodologies and models related to power and influence
- Contrast various processes regarding conflict and negotiation, including structural approaches to conflict management
- Identify competencies of effective leaders and distinquish between leadership theories
- Evaluate all the elements related to designing organizational structures
- Discuss the elements and importance of organizational culture and identify strategies to strengthen culture
- Analyze all factors involved in the acceptance of organizational change, resistance to change and identify formal approaches to change
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts