MBA with a Concentration in Management
Prepare Yourself to Lead With an MBA and Concentration in Management
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in management is designed to put you on the fast track toward a leadership-level position in a business organization. Not only will you develop the interpersonal and management skills required of upper-management executives, but you’ll arm yourself with an ability to take a broad, 360-degree view of complex organizations and scenarios—an invaluable skill that will pay dividends throughout your entire career.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to instill the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online, so you can progress in your degree program as quickly as your busy lifestyle will allow, without interfering with your family and professional obligations.
MBA candidates at CalSouthern are mentored by faculty who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace. You’ll work with them on a one-on-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
The online MBA degree program at CalSouthern will give you a broad, well-rounded understanding of how general management principles can be applied to enhance organizational performance. You’ll also apply current technology to research and analyze data to develop solutions to today’s business challenges, all while honing your written and oral communication skills that are absolutely essential in today’s workplace. And by choosing elective courses in organizational behavior, statistical analysis, change management, cross–cultural management, and management of information systems, among other electives, you can earn focus your MBA with a concentration in management.
CalSouthern is an innovator in distance learning since 1978. It’s a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree with a concentration in management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into today’s fast-moving business world with a robust education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has given you the tools you need to rise to a leadership position in your industry of choice.
MGT 86510 Statistical Analysis
This course provides an understanding of the fundamental descriptions of business data, and how numerical information enables good analysis. The use of SPSS is introduced and the tutorials with examples and business applications help to identify the best ways to review descriptive business information, using the easy tools introduced and demonstrated in SPSS tutorials. Business applications cover such areas as forecasting, comparative data analysis, descriptive statistics, charts and graphs, tables and a wide variety of bivariate techniques. Quality assessments, best decision evaluations, and other numerical tools are also explored. Along with good business applications, a wide variety of web based support tools are used to facilitate clear understanding.Learning Outcomes:
- Operate SPSS software to analyze statistical business applications
- Analyze and manage numerical data and develop best business solutions
- Identify correct statistical procedures to solve measurements
- Select best statistical procedures for reporting hypotheses
- Illustrate tabulated and graphics solutions and present findings in correct APA format
- Formulate, develop, and compare hypotheses using the scientific methods
- Interpret finding of different statistical testing procedures
- Locate, recognize, and evaluate statistical resources to substantiate findings
- Use analytic software to solve t-test, chi-square, ANOVA, regression and correlations
- Test various assumptions on data and determine what hypothesis to reject or support
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.