MBA with a Concentration in Management
Prepare Yourself to Lead With an MBA and Concentration in Management
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in management is designed to put you on the fast track toward a leadership-level position in a business organization. Not only will you develop the interpersonal and management skills required of upper-management executives, but you’ll arm yourself with an ability to take a broad, 360-degree view of complex organizations and scenarios—an invaluable skill that will pay dividends throughout your entire career.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to instill the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online, so you can progress in your degree program as quickly as your busy lifestyle will allow, without interfering with your family and professional obligations.
MBA candidates at CalSouthern are mentored by faculty who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace. You’ll work with them on a one-on-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
The online MBA degree program at CalSouthern will give you a broad, well-rounded understanding of how general management principles can be applied to enhance organizational performance. You’ll also apply current technology to research and analyze data to develop solutions to today’s business challenges, all while honing your written and oral communication skills that are absolutely essential in today’s workplace. And by choosing elective courses in organizational behavior, statistical analysis, change management, cross–cultural management, and management of information systems, among other electives, you can earn focus your MBA with a concentration in management.
CalSouthern is an innovator in distance learning since 1978. It’s a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree with a concentration in management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into today’s fast-moving business world with a robust education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has given you the tools you need to rise to a leadership position in your industry of choice.
MGT 86510B Statistical Analysis using R
This course provides students with the basics of research design and quantitative analysis. The emphasis of this course is on the analysis of business and economic data which has been defined as statistical and quantitative analysis, exploratory and predictive models, and fact-based management to drive decisions and actions. The course employs a selected statistical software package as the primary tool for data management, statistical analysis and graphics. There is no rigorous development of data mining schemes however students are expected to do some programming and develop clear understanding of basic data modeling.
- Gain an understanding of how managers use business analytics to formulate and solve business problems and to support managerial decision making.
- Identify correct statistical procedures to solve measurements.
- Translate a business challenge into an analytics challenge.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the selected statistical software.
- Identify and transform relevant business data into useful information.
- Conduct appropriate analysis to gain insight into data to develop predictions and suggest appropriate courses of action.
- Prepare a detailed research report with illustrated tabulated and graphics solutions that summarized the findings in a cogent manner using APA format.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the concepts and constructs.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.