MBA with a Concentration in Management
Prepare Yourself to Lead With an MBA and Concentration in Management
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in management is designed to put you on the fast track toward a leadership-level position in a business organization. Not only will you develop the interpersonal and management skills required of upper-management executives, but you’ll arm yourself with an ability to take a broad, 360-degree view of complex organizations and scenarios—an invaluable skill that will pay dividends throughout your entire career.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to instill the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online, so you can progress in your degree program as quickly as your busy lifestyle will allow, without interfering with your family and professional obligations.
MBA candidates at CalSouthern are mentored by faculty who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace. You’ll work with them on a one-on-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
The online MBA degree program at CalSouthern will give you a broad, well-rounded understanding of how general management principles can be applied to enhance organizational performance. You’ll also apply current technology to research and analyze data to develop solutions to today’s business challenges, all while honing your written and oral communication skills that are absolutely essential in today’s workplace. And by choosing elective courses in organizational behavior, statistical analysis, change management, cross–cultural management, and management of information systems, among other electives, you can earn focus your MBA with a concentration in management.
CalSouthern is an innovator in distance learning since 1978. It’s a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree with a concentration in management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into today’s fast-moving business world with a robust education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has given you the tools you need to rise to a leadership position in your industry of choice.
MGT 86537 Management of Information Systems for Managers
This course describes the role of IT in management, including current professional practices and methodologies. It includes presentation of systems theory, decision theory, organizational models, types of IT, planning and IT development. The course examines the organizational philosophies that seek to bridge the gap between management of information systems and the information needs of management in making sound decisionsLearning Outcomes:
- Illustrate the use of the Information Systems components in transforming data resources into information products that are useful to a business
- Measure how businesses can use competitive strategies to increase the value of the business and have a competitive edge
- Compare and contrast the major types of computers and their technologies.
- Rank the popularity of software packages for end user’s productivity and collaborative computing.
- Summarize the advantages and disadvantages of managing the data resources of the business through a database approach compared to a file processing approach
- Compare the trends in the industries, technologies and Internet technologies in telecommunications.
- Explain how Internet and other information technologies support business processes within the business functions of accounting, human resource management, marketing, production, and operations management.
- Compare and contrast processes of an e-commerce system and identify how they are implemented in e-commerce applications
- Summarize how neural networks, fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, virtual reality, and intelligent agents are used in business
- Use the development process and the model IS components as the framework for solving a business problem
- Compare and contrast how ethical issues in information technology affects business employment, individuality, working conditions, privacy, crime, health and solutions to social problems.
- Summarize the effects of global business/IT strategy toward a transnational business strategy
- Introduce self and explain course expectations
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.