BBA with a Concentration in Management
A Well-Rounded Business Management Degree for an Aspiring Business Leader or Entrepreneur
CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a concentration in management gives students an advanced, 360-degree view of the essential operations within any business organization, from finance and banking to business negotiation, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management. It’s a broad, yet high-level curriculum, an ideal online business management degree for anyone with their sights set on a leadership position within a business of any size and across any sector—or for those who aspire to entrepreneurship.
Teaching this well-rounded, cutting-edge curriculum is a faculty comprised of gifted educators who are also established leaders within the business community. Masters of CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, the School of Business faculty combines traditional, text-based learning with real-world business scenarios to provide students with a foundationally solid, yet immediately applicable education which allows them to hit the ground running in the business world.
The BBA with a concentration in management can be completed online, so you can study on your own time and at your own pace, without compromising your work or family obligations. And with monthly course starts, you don’t need to wait until the next quarter or semester to being your studies—you can get started working on your online business management degree right away.
And once you do, you’ll see what distinguishes CalSouthern from other online universities. It’s the community of support: faculty, administrators, and staff who are eager to provide you with all the tools you need to successfully complete your degree program. The entire CalSouthern community gauges its performance by your success. It’s what sets us apart and it’s something we take great pride in.
To learn more about the CalSouthern difference, just give us a call. You’ll find an enrollment advisor, faculty mentor, even a Dean who’s willing to talk to you about your educational and career goals and help you determine whether CalSouthern is right for you.
BUS 2405 Career Management and Personal Marketing
This course explores the basic concepts of career planning, self-assessment, career exploration, and career decision making, as well as resume and cover letter preparation. The job search process is viewed from the prospective of determining the job market and researching prospective employers. Interview techniques are also presented.Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the seven personal qualities for success
- Illustrate the need to work well with people from diverse cultures, ages and abilities.
- Integrate goal setting into your essential job skills.
- Identity the need for budgeting and maximizing money through spending and saving wisely.
- Demonstrate specific reasons why effective note taking, reading and writing are necessary for all careers.
- Rank effective communication as the cornerstone of successful work relationships.
- Identify requirements and choices for a career position.
- Prepare a cover letter.
- Design an effective Resume.
- Compose a Thank You Letter.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Access information efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate information critically and competently
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology