BBA with a Concentration in Management
A Well-Rounded Business Management Degree for an Aspiring Business Leader or Entrepreneur
CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a concentration in management gives students an advanced, 360-degree view of the essential operations within any business organization, from finance and banking to business negotiation, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management. It’s a broad, yet high-level curriculum, an ideal online business management degree for anyone with their sights set on a leadership position within a business of any size and across any sector—or for those who aspire to entrepreneurship.
Teaching this well-rounded, cutting-edge curriculum is a faculty comprised of gifted educators who are also established leaders within the business community. Masters of CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, the School of Business faculty combines traditional, text-based learning with real-world business scenarios to provide students with a foundationally solid, yet immediately applicable education which allows them to hit the ground running in the business world.
The BBA with a concentration in management can be completed online, so you can study on your own time and at your own pace, without compromising your work or family obligations. And with monthly course starts, you don’t need to wait until the next quarter or semester to being your studies—you can get started working on your online business management degree right away.
And once you do, you’ll see what distinguishes CalSouthern from other online universities. It’s the community of support: faculty, administrators, and staff who are eager to provide you with all the tools you need to successfully complete your degree program. The entire CalSouthern community gauges its performance by your success. It’s what sets us apart and it’s something we take great pride in.
To learn more about the CalSouthern difference, just give us a call. You’ll find an enrollment advisor, faculty mentor, even a Dean who’s willing to talk to you about your educational and career goals and help you determine whether CalSouthern is right for you.
FIN 2403 Money, Banking, and Finance
This course examines crucial elements of the financial environment and well-developed financial systems. It focuses on both decisions made in business but also on those made by private investors. It discusses important topics such as financial planning and analysis, asset management, and the acquisition of financial capital.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Identify the functions of banks and of the banking system.
- Discuss how the Fed uses reserve requirements to carry out monetary policy.
- Summarize the factors that affect bank reserves.
- Describe how currency or foreign exchange markets are organized and operate.
- Describe how interest rates change in response to shifts in the supply and demand for lendable funds.
- Explain the differences between corporate bonds, preferred stock and common stock.
- Demonstrate the use of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Explain what is meant by a firm's operating cycle and its cash conversion cycle.
- Explain the factors that affect short-term financing requirements.
- Identify the five steps in the capital budgeting process.
- Describe the factors that affect a firm's capital structure.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.