BBA with a Concentration in Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management: An Increasingly Influential Position in Businesses Large and Small
Human resource management is a field that’s rapidly evolving. It’s a growth area, with an increasing number of job opportunities available. But just as important, it’s a field that’s becoming increasingly influential in the business world. More and more, human resources professionals are assuming leadership positions in organizations large and small, securing a place at the table for critical business decisions.
To take full advantage of these emerging opportunities, you need to have the right knowledge, education, and expertise. And CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA) with a concentration in human resources management is a great way to stand out in what’s become a crowded and competitive marketplace.
Unlike most online human resource degrees, CalSouthern’s BBA with a concentration in human resources management combines the core curriculum of the university’s BBA program with 15 credit hours of elective coursework in subjects such as supervisory management, labor relations and collective bargaining, compensation management, employee training and development, and staffing organizations. All courses are taught by CalSouthern’s outstanding School of Business faculty—gifted instructors experienced in teaching via the school’s proprietary online learning platform and leaders in the business community. They will mentor you on a one-to-one basis, teaching you how to apply the latest academic theory and proven real-world business strategies to overcome actual business challenges. The combination of established, respected academic theory and real-world experience arms CalSouthern Learners with the tools they need to succeed in a complex and fast-moving business world.
You’ll become a valued member of the CalSouthern community. You will have the opportunity to engage with an international student body and will enjoy the constant support of an administration and staff that assesses its own performance by your success. We’re here for you every step of the way was you progress—on your own time and at your own pace—toward completion of your BBA with a concentration in human resources management.
Human Resource Management Courses
HRM 2103 Staffing Organizations
This course will take an in-depth look at the rapidly evolving series of strategic, technological, practical, and legal issues that are confronting today’s organizations and their staffing systems. We will cover strategies in human relations (HR) and staffing, as well as in the organization. In addition, policies and programs with regards to support and core staffing will also be discussed.Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the basic picture of a staffing model.
- Understand the significance of legal compliance and regulations.
- Differentiate between various methods of planning.
- Discuss the process of job analysis and types of job rewards.
- Classify recruitment into two types: External and Internal.
- Examine the process of externally and internally selecting a job applicant.
- Describe the decision-making process for selecting a job applicant.
- Demonstrate how a final match is made between an employer and job applicant.
- Outline the concept of staffing system and retention management.
- Summarize the use of measurement in staffing.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.