BBA with a Concentration in International Business
Prepare Yourself for the Challenges—and Opportunities—of a Global Marketplace With CalSouthern’s BBA With a Concentration in International Business
The proliferation of technology continues to break down barriers of culture, communication, and—importantly—commerce. Ours is now truly a global economy, which presents many challenges, but also a wealth of new opportunities for those that have the right skills and education. Whether you want to work for a domestic corporation looking to expand into international markets or for a multinational company with an established global presence, an international business degree can set you apart from the competition. And CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Associations (BBA) with a concentration in international business is an excellent choice.
CalSouthern’s School of Business faculty is comprised of gifted professors who are not only skilled in teaching via CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, but who are also experienced business professionals and leaders in their respective fields. They will mentor you—one-on-one—as you work toward your degree. They, like the rest of CalSouthern’s administration and staff, are responsive to your needs and committed to your success—it’s what sets our school apart and it’s what we take pride in. You’ll be given all the academic tools and support you need to earn your BBA with a concentration in international business.
In this degree program, you’ll supplement your core business courses with specialized expertise in international business topics, such as international management, international business law, global marketing, international finance, and global economics. You’ll also be able to engage, exchange ideas, and network with CalSouthern’s international student body.
Whether you utilize your BBA to distinguish yourself from the competition in an increasingly competitive marketplace, or use it as a stepping stone to your master’s degree, it’s a valuable and timely degree program in our increasingly complex, global economy.
International Business Courses
IB 2100 International Management
This course emphasizes the challenging role of the individual(s) responsible for advancing international strategy/policy within the organization. Topical issues will be: Global leadership trends; Role of the global manager; Communicating across cultures; Building an international workforce; and Evaluating and rewarding employees abroad.Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze the major economic systems.
- Describe the legal environment in which MNCs operate worldwide.
- Identify the major dimensions of culture relevant to work settings.
- Analyze the common downward and upward communication flows used in international communications.
- Compare different negotiating behaviors that may improve negotiations and outcomes.
- Explain the importance of the strategic planning process for today's MNCs.
- Explain how organizational characteristics influence how the organization is structured.
- Describe common methods used for managing and reducing political risk.
- Differentiate between direct controls and indirect controls.
- Describe the basic philosophic foundation and styles of managerial leadership.
- Illustrate how cultural assimilators work and why they are so highly regarded.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to international business management decisions.