BBA with a Concentration in International Business
Prepare Yourself for the Challenges—and Opportunities—of a Global Marketplace With CalSouthern’s BBA With a Concentration in International Business
The proliferation of technology continues to break down barriers of culture, communication, and—importantly—commerce. Ours is now truly a global economy, which presents many challenges, but also a wealth of new opportunities for those that have the right skills and education. Whether you want to work for a domestic corporation looking to expand into international markets or for a multinational company with an established global presence, an international business degree can set you apart from the competition. And CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Associations (BBA) with a concentration in international business is an excellent choice.
CalSouthern’s School of Business faculty is comprised of gifted professors who are not only skilled in teaching via CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, but who are also experienced business professionals and leaders in their respective fields. They will mentor you—one-on-one—as you work toward your degree. They, like the rest of CalSouthern’s administration and staff, are responsive to your needs and committed to your success—it’s what sets our school apart and it’s what we take pride in. You’ll be given all the academic tools and support you need to earn your BBA with a concentration in international business.
In this degree program, you’ll supplement your core business courses with specialized expertise in international business topics, such as international management, international business law, global marketing, international finance, and global economics. You’ll also be able to engage, exchange ideas, and network with CalSouthern’s international student body.
Whether you utilize your BBA to distinguish yourself from the competition in an increasingly competitive marketplace, or use it as a stepping stone to your master’s degree, it’s a valuable and timely degree program in our increasingly complex, global economy.
International Business Courses
IB 2403 Global Marketing
This course will study marketing strategy addressing global customers, markets and competition to formulate a business strategy. It will observe marketing on a worldwide scale in order to meet global objectives through an understanding of opportunities, similarities and differences. In addition, the reality facing the marketing manager in today’s global firm as foreign markets open up and new markets are ready to be entered is discussed.Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the development of global marketing.
- Explain how different world religions affect marketing.
- Identify pressure groups that affect international marketing.
- Describe ways in which one global competitor can address another.
- Explain the steps involved in the market research process.
- Explain the pros and cons of choosing markets on the basis of marketing similarity.
- Assess the ways in which the Internet has affected the international entry strategies employed by firms.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of global brands versus local brands.
- Explain the five key areas of global logistics management.
- Explain the importance of global account management.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.