BBA with a Concentration in Leadership
Whether you’re an entrepreneur who’s launched a small business or a c-level executive of a Fortune 500 organization, your leadership skills will largely determine your—and your company’s—success. While strong managers are able to effectively direct a team to execute a vision, the best leaders are true innovators who create the vision and are the force that enables the team to perform. They lead people through effective and often inspirational communication. Perhaps most important, they develop talent, aligning people’s needs, talents and passions with the mission of the organization.
CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in leadership combines a well-rounded, foundational education in business administration with specialized courses designed to instil and enhance these critical leadership skills. The six courses (five are required to establish the concentration) focus on leadership fundamentals, written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, group dynamics and best practices in project-oriented leadership.
It’s an innovative program that’s perfectly suited for today’s fast-changing, technology-driven and increasingly globalized business world. Faculty—experienced business professionals as well as highly credentialed educators—will work with you one-on-one to help you learn to apply current business theory to solve real-world business challenges.
Students in the BBA program are provided Microsoft Office 365 at no additional charge, giving them access to Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other popular Microsoft Office applications. Since it’s a cloud-based solution, students can access these applications at any time, from virtually any device—all that’s needed is an Internet connection. Not only is it a great academic resource that will help students more efficiently complete their coursework, it’s a great opportunity to develop expertise and familiarity with the world’s most widely used business software.
LDR 2460 Project Management Fundamentals and Leadership
Projects touch our lives every day from personal and home activities, our jobs, to community functions and involvement. This course focuses on the two basic areas of project management. First, the student is introduced to the fundamentals and principles of a project. This includes topics such as project initiation, planning, development, monitoring, controlling, and closure. Second, the student explores the various teamwork, group dynamics, and leadership skills required to manage a project. This involves understanding team and group behavior, leadership skills, human relations, and being able to work with people.Learning Outcomes:
- Summarize the project management process and variables.
- Define the project manager’s core responsibilities.
- Describe the project selection process.
- Explain the Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS).
- Examine the impact of risk and uncertainty.
- Differentiate between project types.
- Explain the use of critical chain and Gantt chart.
- Describe how to monitor and control project tasks, variables, and human resources during a project.
- Analyze the proper project closure procedures and developing a “lessons learned” format for future project improvement.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.