BBA with a Concentration in Marketing
CalSouthern’s BBA with a Concentration in Marketing: a Closer Look
If you’re considering pursuing an online marketing degree, CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in marketing is an excellent choice to arm yourself with the necessary tools for a career in one of the most important, creative, and results-oriented fields in business. Marketing executives develop and execute the strategies underlying their organizations’ advertising, sales, customer research, and brand-management efforts, among many other initiatives. And with the growing importance of the Internet, social media, and mobile marketing, it’s a sector that’s intimately tied to the latest trends and technologies.
Whether you’re looking to enter the workplace immediately or to progress toward an MBA (or even a doctorate), the bachelor’s-level online marketing degree at CalSouthern provides a valuable combination of core business courses in management and administration with marketing-specific classes. CalSouthern Learners can supplement their BBA with a concentration in marketing by choosing 15 credit hours of elective marketing courses in subjects including advertising, retail management, consumer behavior, sales, brand management, and Internet marketing.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning platform is online, so you’ll be able to earn your BBA with a concentration in marketing without compromising your current work obligations or your family life.
When you enroll in our School of Business, you’ll learn quickly that CalSouthern is different than other online universities. Faculty, administration, and staff judge their performance by your satisfaction and success. The School of Business faculty is comprised of dedicated, responsive instructors with special expertise in the university’s online learning methodology. They are also established and successful business executives who will mentor you on a one-to-one basis, combining formal academic theory with the latest business strategies and tactics. You’ll develop high-order critical thinking, hone your written and verbal business communication skills, and learn to use current technology to collect and analyze business data to arrive at solutions to real-world business challenges.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with the program, our faculty and staff, and some of our successful alumni. We’re confident that the more you learn about CalSouthern, the more you’ll agree that our BBA with a concentration in marketing is a great choice for those searching for an affordable, accredited online marketing degree of the highest quality.
MKT 2420 Marketing Management
This course is intended to present a strategic and integrative perspective about marketing that goes beyond the basic explanation of terms and concepts. It discusses how the use of the Internet and information technology has influenced marketing and managers of marketing in today's competitive business world. This course appraises new marketing opportunities from product or service development to sales strategies and product mix.Learning Outcomes:
- Outline the basic marketing philosophies and job of the marketing manager.
- Define a framework for a complete marketing strategy.
- Discuss the marketing research process regarding primary and secondary data sources.
- Examine the reasons behind consumer purchase decisions.
- Differentiate between industrial vs. consumer marketing.
- Constructing a thorough competitor analysis.
- Describe the process of branding and product positioning.
- Discuss the factors that affect new product success or failure.
- Examine how pricing is done and the role of costs in marketing.
- Interpret the relationship between communications and advertising strategy.
- Define the different types of sales promotion and strategies.
- Discuss the importance of channels of distribution.
- Summarize the techniques of setting sales quotas and compensation amounts.
- Illustrate the importance and method of preserving good customer relationships.
- Explain Channels of Distribution in relation to the marketing mix.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.