Bachelor of Applied Science Courses at CalSouthern
Below, please find the online courses that comprise CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Applied Science program. The core courses provide a well-rounded business curriculum. In addition, learners can choose elective courses to concentrate their studies in subject areas such as management, accounting, human resources, leadership, marketing and international business, among others.
Required Core Courses
LDR 2100 Foundations of Leadership
Leadership is a combination of human behavior, business skills, social functions, and group interaction. This course provides the necessary tools, concepts, and skills that are important to the role of leadership development. The student learns based on both a theoretical foundation, as well as, from learning exercises, which help personalize the subject matter. The focus of this course is for the student to develop their full potential as a leader, and become the type of leader others will admire and want to emulate.Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between leadership trait and behavior theories.
- Explain how to create leadership vision.
- Demonstrate how to motivate employees in a company.
- Identify the five principles of leadership that empower people.
- Define the principles of empowerment and the 14 Deming points.
- Explain how personality change over time affects leadership.
- Explain performance management and performance reviews.
- Summarize the principles for effective discipline and corrective action.
- Assess how to improve future leadership growth characteristics ensuring human relations skills.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
Bachelor of Applied Science Elective Courses
Elective courses can be chosen from any undergraduate program. Concentration in a specific subject area requires 15 semester credits of elective courses in that specific area of study.