School of Business Faculty
The faculty mentors in CalSouthern’s School of Business are experienced business professionals as well as dedicated, responsive and highly credentialed educators.
They will be there for you—via phone, email or Skype—to answer any questions you may have and to help you master the course material. And, equally important, they will help you take the concepts you learn and apply them to resolve challenges commonly faced in today’s increasingly complex and globalized business world, using the latest best practices.
CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are positive, encouraging and supportive—and entirely dedicated to your academic and professional success.
Mitchell Miller, DBA
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Modern portfolio theory, entrepreneurship, finance
Dr. Mitchell Miller is an entrepreneur, educator, author, and practicing certified financial planner, currently residing in Boynton Beach, Florida.
Dr. Mitchell was a corporate executive and senior manager for 20-plus years with global, integrated professional service firms such as KPMG LLP, Arthur Andersen LLP, and Lincoln Financial Advisors. He served as a vice president for a private, Miami-based, $150 million financial services organization and, for more than 14 years, was a regional consultant and manager for a publicly held corporation.
His most memorable corporate accomplishment, though, was being recognized by his corporate sponsors on numerous occasions for leadership excellence, receiving manager-of-the-year awards for the ability to manage, recruit, hire, train and develop people.
DBA Business Administration/Finance, Nova Southeastern University, Florida; MBA, Pace University, New York; BA Economics, Brooklyn College, New York
- ACT 87515 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACT 87530 - Management Finance and Control
- FIN 86505 - Corporate Finance
- FIN 86507 - Lending in the Consumer and Corporate Markets
- FIN 86509 - Management in Banking and Financial Services
- FIN 87513 - Investment Management
- FIN 87514 - Financial Institutions
- FIN 87516 - Capital Markets
- FIN 87518 - Behavioral Corporate Finance
- IB 2404 - International Finance
- MGT 86512 - Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- MGT 87545 - Managing, Organizing & Negotiating for Value