School of Business Faculty
The faculty mentors in CalSouthern’s School of Business are experienced business professionals as well as dedicated, responsive and highly credentialed educators.
They will be there for you—via phone, email or Skype—to answer any questions you may have and to help you master the course material. And, equally important, they will help you take the concepts you learn and apply them to resolve challenges commonly faced in today’s increasingly complex and globalized business world, using the latest best practices.
CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are positive, encouraging and supportive—and entirely dedicated to your academic and professional success.
Mike Ewald, PhD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Dr. Michael (Mike) Ewald’s graduate areas of study are in engineering management, business, administrative science, and public administration. In his career, he has been a Fortune 100 executive, business professor, and Associate Dean at two universities. As an Associate Dean, he was responsible for managing all academic subjects in the Liberal Arts College of each university. In addition, he has post-secondary certifications in agriculture and agriculture services.While earning his first degree, he worked as a police officer and was eventually a sergeant. He received three commendations for bravery and honorable service. Through the years, he has been a sworn deputy sheriff working mainly in training. While working as an executive he developed two lighting module inventions that received U.S. patents.
He works on Doctoral Projects in the areas of small business, business, non-profit business, public administration, international business, law enforcement, human resources, and ethics in business. He has served on approximately 70 successful dissertation and doctoral studies and enjoys being a committee member as well as the chair of a committee. When he is working as a chair, he encourages weekly contacts and/or communication as needed, especially at the start of the doctoral project.
PhD Administrative Science, Empresarial University of Costa Rica; Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies - Business, Northcentral University, Arizona; MBA Technology/Engineering Management, City University, Washington; BS Sociology, University of Iowa.
- ACT 87515 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ECO 86501 - Economics for Organizational Management
- ECO 87501 - Managerial Economics
- IB 87516 - Global Business Strategic Management
- IB 87517 - International Business Law
- IB 87518 - International Financial Management
- LE 86590 - Administration of Police Executive Systems
- MGT 7997 - Doctoral Project I
- MGT 7998 - Doctoral Project II
- MGT 7999 - Doctoral Project III
- MGT 86506 - Organizational Behavior
- MGT 86510 - Statistical Analysis
- MGT 86512 - Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- MGT 87520 - Business Research Methods
- MGT 87540 - Quantitative Research Methods
- MIS 86510 - Applied Data Analysis