BBA with a Concentration in Management
A Well-Rounded Business Management Degree for an Aspiring Business Leader or Entrepreneur
CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a concentration in management gives students an advanced, 360-degree view of the essential operations within any business organization, from finance and banking to business negotiation, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management. It’s a broad, yet high-level curriculum, an ideal online business management degree for anyone with their sights set on a leadership position within a business of any size and across any sector—or for those who aspire to entrepreneurship.
Teaching this well-rounded, cutting-edge curriculum is a faculty comprised of gifted educators who are also established leaders within the business community. Masters of CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, the School of Business faculty combines traditional, text-based learning with real-world business scenarios to provide students with a foundationally solid, yet immediately applicable education which allows them to hit the ground running in the business world.
The BBA with a concentration in management can be completed 100-percent online, so you can study on your own time and at your own pace, without compromising your work or family obligations. And with monthly course starts, you don’t need to wait until the next quarter or semester to being your studies—you can get started working on your online business management degree right away.
And once you do, you’ll see what distinguishes CalSouthern from other online universities. It’s the community of support: faculty, administrators, and staff who are eager to provide you with all the tools you need to successfully complete your degree program. The entire CalSouthern community gauges its performance by your success. It’s what sets us apart and it’s something we take great pride in.
To learn more about the CalSouthern difference, just give us a call. You’ll find an enrollment advisor, faculty mentor, even a Dean who’s willing to talk to you about your educational and career goals and help you determine whether CalSouthern is right for you.
SBM 2401 Small Business Management
This course introduces small business management and the multitudes of management skills required for successful operation. It discusses the many decisions that must be made from what type of business to launch, to what your measure of success might be, to how to keep control of inventory. It illustrates the economic and social impact of small businesses and the process and factors related to entrepreneurship.Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the different legal ownership structures a business can be created within.
- Explain the strategic planning process.
- Explain the purpose and importance of the business plan.
- Describe the different ways to start a business and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Explain the importance of accurate financial statements and records to a small business.
- Determine the financing needs of your business and where to look for sources of funding.
- Describe laws and regulations that affect small businesses.
- Explain the purpose of market research.
- Explain competitive advantage.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of different sources of employee recruitment.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.