BBA with a Concentration in Accounting
CalSouthern’s BBA With a Concentration in Accounting: Learn the “International Language” of Business
If you’re considering an online accounting degree, you owe it to yourself to explore CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in accounting. You’ll develop broad expertise in organizational management and administration—applicable to an array of leadership-oriented business careers—as well as a robust grounding in accounting, should you decide to pursue a more specialized position in that field. Accounting is akin to an international business language; an understanding of its principles is essential to making sound, reasoned fiscal decisions in any business organization.
At CalSouthern, you can earn your BBA with a concentration in accounting 100-percent online and at your own pace—as quickly as your busy schedule will allow. Without the restrictions associated with a traditional class schedule, you can study when you want, where you want, without compromising your personal and professional obligations.
To add a concentration in accounting to your CalSouthern BBA, you’ll supplement your core business courses (in subjects such as marketing, finance, business law, business communications, and management) with 15 credit hours of elective accounting-oriented courses, covering topics such as managerial accounting, cost accounting, and auditing. All courses will be taught by CalSouthern’s talented and responsive faculty. They are gifted instructors—experienced in facilitating online learning—in addition to being business leaders in their fields of specialty. They’ll supplement the latest academic theory with successful, proven, real-world business tactics and strategies while addressing actual business scenarios and case studies.
We encourage you to take the time to review our School of Business faculty bios, alumni profiles, and course descriptions. We’re confident that, as you learn more about CalSouthern, you’ll realize that it’s an excellent choice for your BBA degree. We’re an accredited university that measures its performance by your success. CalSouthern’s faculty, administration, and staff will provide you with all the tools and support you need to complete your degree program—every step of the way.
ACT 2453 Cost Accounting
This course serves as an introduction to the fundamentals of cost accounting, with emphasis on costing systems in the service, merchandising, and manufacturing sectors. The use of budgets and standards are studied as keys to planning and control, including flexible budgets and variance analysis. The use of cost information for various decision and control purposes is also studied.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Describe the cost concepts, cost behaviors, and cost accounting techniques that are applied to manufacturing and service businesses.
- Analyze the profitability of a product or service.
- Apply basic cost accounting concepts using job order and process costing.
- Calculate cost and variances for material, labor and overhead in the manufacturing of products.
- Determine the costs of goods manufactured and the operating income.
- Determine variances for direct materials, direct labor and overhead.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course by the evaluation of your understanding of the concepts.
- Possess an understanding of budgets and the budgeting process as it relates to cost accounting.
- Describe how the information obtained in the cost accounting process is used in management decision making.