BBA with a Concentration in Marketing
CalSouthern’s BBA with a Concentration in Marketing: a Closer Look
If you’re considering pursuing an online marketing degree, CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in marketing is an excellent choice to arm yourself with the necessary tools for a career in one of the most important, creative, and results-oriented fields in business. Marketing executives develop and execute the strategies underlying their organizations’ advertising, sales, customer research, and brand-management efforts, among many other initiatives. And with the growing importance of the Internet, social media, and mobile marketing, it’s a sector that’s intimately tied to the latest trends and technologies.
Whether you’re looking to enter the workplace immediately or to progress toward an MBA (or even a doctorate), the bachelor’s-level online marketing degree at CalSouthern provides a valuable combination of core business courses in management and administration with marketing-specific classes. CalSouthern Learners can supplement their BBA with a concentration in marketing by choosing 15 credit hours of elective marketing courses in subjects including advertising, retail management, consumer behavior, sales, brand management, and Internet marketing.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning platform is 100-percent online, so you’ll be able to earn your BBA with a concentration in marketing without compromising your current work obligations or your family life.
When you enroll in our School of Business, you’ll learn quickly that CalSouthern is different than other online universities. Faculty, administration, and staff judge their performance by your satisfaction and success. The School of Business faculty is comprised of dedicated, responsive instructors with special expertise in the university’s online learning methodology. They are also established and successful business executives who will mentor you on a one-to-one basis, combining formal academic theory with the latest business strategies and tactics. You’ll develop high-order critical thinking, hone your written and verbal business communication skills, and learn to use current technology to collect and analyze business data to arrive at solutions to real-world business challenges.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with the program, our faculty and staff, and some of our successful alumni. We’re confident that the more you learn about CalSouthern, the more you’ll agree that our BBA with a concentration in marketing is a great choice for those searching for an affordable, accredited online marketing degree of the highest quality.
MKT 2106 Advertising
This introductory course surveys the field of advertising and studies how it fits into society. It introduces Learners to the principles and practices of contemporary advertising. We will use fundamental advertising decision processes that include: strategy, goals, budgeting, messages, media and effectiveness to explore the elements of successful advertisement, advertising promotion and tasks accomplished by media professionals.Learning Outcomes:
- Define advertising and differentiate it from other forms of marketing communications.
- Discuss the impact of advertising on the economy.
- Describe the various groups in the advertising business and explain their relationship to one another.
- Identify the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate consumer and business markets
- Outline the consumer perception process.
- Explain the basic steps in the research process.
- Explain the difference between objectives, strategies, and tactics in marketing and advertising plans.
- Explain the role of the creative strategy and its principal elements.
- Describe the roles of the various types of artists in the advertising business.
- Explain the major types of digital media and their evolving role in advertising.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of magazine advertising.
- Evaluate the different types of television advertising available.
- Discuss the various opportunities and challenges presented by digital interactive media.
- Describe the types of standard outdoor advertising structures
- Describe how a media plan helps accomplish a company’s marketing objectives.
- Define direct marketing and discuss its role in IMC
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.