BBA with a Concentration in Marketing
CalSouthern’s BBA with a Concentration in Marketing: a Closer Look
If you’re considering pursuing an online marketing degree, CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in marketing is an excellent choice to arm yourself with the necessary tools for a career in one of the most important, creative, and results-oriented fields in business. Marketing executives develop and execute the strategies underlying their organizations’ advertising, sales, customer research, and brand-management efforts, among many other initiatives. And with the growing importance of the Internet, social media, and mobile marketing, it’s a sector that’s intimately tied to the latest trends and technologies.
Whether you’re looking to enter the workplace immediately or to progress toward an MBA (or even a doctorate), the bachelor’s-level online marketing degree at CalSouthern provides a valuable combination of core business courses in management and administration with marketing-specific classes. CalSouthern Learners can supplement their BBA with a concentration in marketing by choosing 15 credit hours of elective marketing courses in subjects including advertising, retail management, consumer behavior, sales, brand management, and Internet marketing.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning platform is 100-percent online, so you’ll be able to earn your BBA with a concentration in marketing without compromising your current work obligations or your family life.
When you enroll in our School of Business, you’ll learn quickly that CalSouthern is different than other online universities. Faculty, administration, and staff judge their performance by your satisfaction and success. The School of Business faculty is comprised of dedicated, responsive instructors with special expertise in the university’s online learning methodology. They are also established and successful business executives who will mentor you on a one-to-one basis, combining formal academic theory with the latest business strategies and tactics. You’ll develop high-order critical thinking, hone your written and verbal business communication skills, and learn to use current technology to collect and analyze business data to arrive at solutions to real-world business challenges.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with the program, our faculty and staff, and some of our successful alumni. We’re confident that the more you learn about CalSouthern, the more you’ll agree that our BBA with a concentration in marketing is a great choice for those searching for an affordable, accredited online marketing degree of the highest quality.
MKT 2410 Brand Management
This course is intended to illustrate the importance of branding and brand management to the success of a product or company. Learners will learn how to design a marketing plan that fully utilizes the company’s resources to gain and maintain a market share. Today's business world demands knowledge of strategic brand management, which in turn, leads to success in marketing.Learning Outcomes:
- Define the concept of branding and its role in today's marketing world.
- Summarize the four-step process of brand building.
- Describe the guidelines for brand positioning and internal branding.
- Apply criteria, options, and tactics for brand elements.
- Outline product and pricing strategies as they relate to new perspectives on marketing.
- Examine the process of integrated marketing communication programs.
- Discuss channels of distribution such as licensing, celebrity endorsement, and third-party sources.
- Understand how to establish a brand equity management system.
- Identify qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Outline comparative and holistic methods for measuring outcomes of brand equity.
- Define the brand-product matrix and the brand hierarchy.
- Evaluate the potential and limitations of brand extensions.
- Describe how to reinforce and revitalize brands over time.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of global marketing programs.
- Predict future trends and discuss special applications for branding.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Access information efficiently and effectively