MBA with a Concentration in Financial Management
Hone Your Online MBA With a Concentration in Financial Management
Executives specializing in financial management inform and make some of the most crucial decisions impacting businesses of all sizes and in all markets. Business leaders with a master’s degree in finance may specialize in such mission-critical areas as financial risk management, investment analysis, corporate restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions.
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program will help you develop the leadership and management skills required by today’s fast-moving, global business world. It’s a well-rounded program that combines the most advanced academic theories and concepts with practical, real-world experience taught by faculty who are themselves leaders in the business community. And by integrating courses in corporate finance, investment management, financial institutions, capital markets, and behavioral corporate finance, you can supplement your comprehensive knowledge of essential business concepts with a focus on financial management. It’s a great way to equip yourself with a highly specialized and valuable skill set that will help you distinguish yourself in a competitive marketplace.
The CalSouthern online MBA degree program is ideal for working adults—you’ll be able to study at your own pace, as fast or slow as your busy schedule permits. You’ll be able to earn your degree without compromising your work and family obligations, on your own time and in the comfort of your own home, and with the constant support of CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff.
At CalSouthern, you’ll be mentored one-on-one by faculty who are leaders in their fields. They will blend academic theory with real-world business applications, recognizing your specific interests and learning styles, as you analyze business data to develop solutions to actual business issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to further enhance your educational experience by engaging with other like-minded Learners from across the U.S. and around the world.
CalSouthern, an innovator in distance learning since 1978, is a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree and a concentration in financial management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into the professional world with a robust business education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has pointed you in the right direction for success and opportunity.
Financial Management Courses
FIN 87516 Capital Markets
This course studies the collection of markets, institutions, laws, regulations, and techniques through which bonds, stocks, and other securities are traded, interest rates are determined, and financial services are produced and delivered worldwide. It explains the mechanisms by which financial assets are created, valued, and traded, and the critical importance of public and private information in determining the value of financial assets to link the financial and non-financial markets in the global economy.Learning Outcomes:
- Rate the types of financial markets that facilitate the flow of funds.
- Evaluate the organizational structure of the Fed, and how the Fed influences monetary policy.
- Interpret the components of the most popular money market securities.
- Appraise the private equity market, the investor participation in the stock markets, and the process of initial public offering.
- Examine the background on financial futures contracts.
- Illustrate the market structure of commercial banks, and describe the most common sources of funds for these banks.
- Point out how savings institutions have been exposed to recent crises, and provide a background on credit unions, including their main sources and uses of funds.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Assess the relevance of the principles of intermediation of real world situations.