MBA With a Concentration in Healthcare Administration
Opportunities Abound Within This Growing, Fast-Evolving Field
The healthcare sector has experienced explosive growth in recent years, with many analysts—including those at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics—projecting that the growth will continue through the decade. Reasons for the expansion include the aging of the baby boomer generation, changes in healthcare policy and, perhaps most exciting, technological advances that have driven new specializations such as healthcare informatics: the leveraging of healthcare-related data to improve the quality of care in a cost-effective manner.
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration with a concentration in healthcare administration is designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills required in this fast-evolving field. It features a cutting-edge curriculum that includes topics such as managing epidemiology, healthcare ethics and legal compliance, informatics, quality control and cultural competency in healthcare administration, among others.
It’s a curriculum from the very forefront of the profession, and it is pragmatic, as well. The courses have been carefully designed to address the issues and solutions healthcare professionals engage in each day, and to give students the knowledge and practical skills they need for managerial and directorial positions within the medical field.
As a student in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you will be mentored by a faculty comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced professionals in the subjects they teach. With coursework delivered 100-percent online via CalSouthern’s proprietary learning platform, you’ll be able to study at your own pace and on your own schedule, without compromising your work and family lives.
But make no mistake, even though you’ll be doing your coursework remotely, you’ll never be alone. From the day you enroll, you will have a support team of faculty mentors, academic advisors, deans, administration and other professional staff who stand ready to give you all the guidance and support you need to successfully complete your degree program and achieve your personal and professional goals.
Healthcare Administration Courses
HCA 86802 Healthcare Compliance, Law, and Ethics
This course focuses on providing the student with the skills relative to healthcare compliance, the law, and ethics. Students will learn how to develop, promote, and adhere to compliance, regulations, and policies. They will also learn how to assist healthcare information professionals to guide their departments and organizations to ethically and legally obtain optimal reimbursement, plus, develop systems for all aspects in protecting their patients, facilities, professional staff, and employees.Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss role of compliance program and compliance officer.
- Explain components, benefits, and value of compliance program to healthcare facility.
- Explore functions and qualifications of compliance officer.
- Explore various compliance terms, Federal Sentencing Guidelines, and due diligence.
- Explain differences between law, regulation, policy, and third-parties.
- Discuss HIM compliance enforcement agencies and various types of law.
- Define various concepts of consent, advance directives, and forms of consent.
- Discuss internal policies, handling release information, documentation, and random sampling.
- Explore healthcare documentation, quality documentation, and electronic healthcare records.
- Explain coding, EM, pandemic, relators, unbundled, and epidemic.
- Explore illegal practices, Federal Claims Act, authenticate, contingency, and rationale.
- Discuss policy creation, development, and procedures.
- Discuss CEUs, training programs, and various CEU components,
- Describe adult training styles, motivating your audience, and various terms.
- Explore types of audits, components of internal audits, and internal reporting.
- Discussion EOB, PRA, and various functions of a subpoena.
- Explain government and private agencies, audits, and appeals for healthcare facilities.
- Explore types of appeals, improving processes, audit reports strategies, and compliance plans
- Discuss various enforcement terms, due process, and levels of disciplinary action.
- Discuss due process notification and disciplinary action form.
- Review elements of disciplinary action and levels of violations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Evaluate the information critically and competently.
- Provide the student with information necessary to conduct their Chapter Case Study Analysis project.
- Encourage the student to work on their Case Studies Project as they read and study the appropriate chapter information and other reading materials.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.