MBA with a Concentration in International Business
An MBA With a Concentration in International Business: The Perfect Degree for a Global Economy
Today’s economy is truly a global marketplace. Regardless of whether you want to become a business leader in a domestic company or help grow international markets for a multi-national corporation, an in-depth, high-level understanding of international business trends has never been more valuable. CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in international business will give you the tools you need to compete and succeed in today’s fast-changing business world.
CalSouthern’s MBA program provides you with all the essential business knowledge and skills required of business leaders in the 21st century. You’ll understand modern theories of organizational performance and the latest trends in project and marketing management. You’ll learn how to apply current technology to conduct research, analyze data, and develop solutions to modern business challenges. And by choosing elective courses in international economics and marketing, global financial management, multi-cultural business environments, and international law, you can focus your MBA studies to develop an expertise in international business and set yourself apart in a competitive global marketplace.
At CalSouthern, your MBA program will utilize our proprietary e-learning platform. It’s 100-percent online, which will give you the flexibility to progress as quickly as your busy lifestyle permits, from the comfort and convenience of your own home, all without compromising your family or work obligations. Every step of the way, you’ll have the support of CalSouthern’s faculty, administration, and staff, who measure their performance by your success.
As a student in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll learn from Faculty Mentors who are not only skilled, responsive online professors, but who are also established business leaders in their fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with practical, real-world experience and actual business scenarios, all while working one-on-one with you to identify your particular learning styles and your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern, an innovator in distance learning since 1978, is a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree and a concentration in international business from CalSouthern, you’ll step into this global economy with a robust business education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has pointed you in the right direction for success and opportunity.
International Business Courses
IB 87518 International Financial Management
This course provides a comparative study of the institutional characteristics and internal efficiency of developed and undeveloped capital markets. The role of multilateral institutions, multinational corporations, states, and the structure of trade in the international short and long-term capital flow. It provides the information resources to make intelligent investment decisions.Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish international finance from domestic finance.
- Illustrate the institutional framework within which the movement of capital is accommodated.
- Analyze how the balance of payment date may be interpreted.
- Explain corporate governance structures across countries.
- Examine the institutional framework within which exchange rates are determined.
- Compare interest rate parity and purchasing power parity.
- Appraise exchange-traded currency future - contracts, options, and currency futures.
- Grade methods available for the management of transaction exposure.
- Analyze methods for managing and hedging economic exposure.
- Assess the changes in exchange rates have on financial statements of multinational companies.
- Discuss world financial markets and institutions.
- Explain the structure of the international bond market.
- Compare the primary and secondary markets through the world.
- Measure the usefulness of interest rate swaps.
- Assess the effects of fluctuating exchange rates on international portfolio investments.
- Classify the various issues associated with foreign direct investment by MNCs.
- Evaluate the cost of capital for the multinational firm.
- Examine the methodology used to analyze the investment of capital in a foreign country.
- Summarize the various issues associated with multinational cash management.
- Explain the microstructure of international trade.
- Examine the international tax environment.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.