Single Doctoral-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses offered by the CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as leadership, technology management, statistics, organizational development, finance, consumer behavior and supply chain management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Business Administration program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Doctoral Business Courses
MGT 87545 Managing, Organizing & Negotiating for Value
This course is about value creation. It focuses on techniques for improving the flexibility and originality of a manager’s thinking and will explore approaches used by organizations to create and sustain high levels of innovation in negotiation. This course reinforces theory and research regarding effective negotiation strategies and provides a powerful framework to create value through the negotiation process.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Identify the role of a BOD in relation to investigation of the organization.
- Discuss three different approaches to leadership values.
- Summarize a BOD role in relation to actual tasks as compared to expectations.
- Analyze methods to help leaders diagnose and measure value creation, competencies, and outcomes.
- Examine the value of resolutions and goals to achieve success.
- Summarize some of the difficulties that exist for leaders to use their power effectively.
- Critique leadership structures that can be identified within an organization.
- Identify the decision making process used by a leader to develop values.
- Explain barriers to task performance that exist within an organization.
- Describe the essential behaviors inherent in creating value.
- Critique the value of human governance for an organization,
- Discuss measures of lead cultures and advice resolution within a company.
- Analyze the most important reasons that code a of ethics is essential for leadership effectiveness.
- Summarize value structures existing within an organization.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Identify the value of resolutions and goals to achieve success.