Single Master’s-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as finance, human resources, change management, international business and project management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Graduate Business Courses
MGT 86506 Organizational Behavior
This course provides advanced theories and techniques of organizational development focusing on information regarding the design, management and control of organizational development programs in business. The public sector and social services organizations are summarized.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Understand Organizational Behavior, effectiveness, challenges of globalization, diversity, and ethical behavior
- Describe elements of perception, stereotyping, and how emotional intelligence and stress can effect the workplace
- Explain foundations for employee motivation and applied performance practices to reward effectiveness
- Evaluate the decision-making process including alternatives and the effect on team dynamics
- Explain why communication is important and discuss barriers to effective communication
- Understand methodologies and models related to power and influence
- Contrast various processes regarding conflict and negotiation, including structural approaches to conflict management
- Identify competencies of effective leaders and distinquish between leadership theories
- Evaluate all the elements related to designing organizational structures
- Discuss the elements and importance of organizational culture and identify strategies to strengthen culture
- Analyze all factors involved in the acceptance of organizational change, resistance to change and identify formal approaches to change
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts