Single Master’s-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as finance, human resources, change management, international business and project management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Graduate Business Courses
MGT 86507 Strategic Management
This course reviews the latest strategies in the theory and practice of strategic management. It discusses how to think about strategic management in an integrated way. Core concepts, analytical tools, and cases that showcase the important kinds of strategic challenges managers face will be analyzed.Learning Outcomes:
- Understand and use the concept of a company’s strategy.
- Analyze strategic vision, strategic initiatives, financial objectives related to strategy, corporate
- Understand strategy by using SWOT analysis and other measurement tools and assessment tools.
- Analyze how ethics, social responsibility, environmental sustainability affect a company’s strategy.
- Explain what managers or leaders must do to successfully execute a strategy.
- Synthesize the concepts of leadership, culture, and strategy.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.