Single Master’s-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as finance, human resources, change management, international business and project management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Graduate Business Courses
MGT 86510 Statistical Analysis
This course provides an understanding of the fundamental descriptions of business data, and how numerical information enables good analysis. The use of SPSS is introduced and the tutorials with examples and business applications help to identify the best ways to review descriptive business information, using the easy tools introduced and demonstrated in SPSS tutorials. Business applications cover such areas as forecasting, comparative data analysis, descriptive statistics, charts and graphs, tables and a wide variety of bivariate techniques. Quality assessments, best decision evaluations, and other numerical tools are also explored. Along with good business applications, a wide variety of web based support tools are used to facilitate clear understanding.Learning Outcomes:
- Operate SPSS software to analyze statistical business applications
- Analyze and manage numerical data and develop best business solutions
- Identify correct statistical procedures to solve measurements
- Select best statistical procedures for reporting hypotheses
- Illustrate tabulated and graphics solutions and present findings in correct APA format
- Formulate, develop, and compare hypotheses using the scientific methods
- Interpret finding of different statistical testing procedures
- Locate, recognize, and evaluate statistical resources to substantiate findings
- Use analytic software to solve t-test, chi-square, ANOVA, regression and correlations
- Test various assumptions on data and determine what hypothesis to reject or support
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.