Single Master’s-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as finance, human resources, change management, international business and project management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Graduate Business Courses
MIS 86510 Applied Data Analysis
This course will be a review of managerial and statistical data techniques used for logistics analysis, hypothesis testing, regression and correlation analysis, forecasting, and statistical analysis. Emphasis will be on analysis of business and economic data to support managerial decision-making, time series, and forecasting. The format of this course will be topic specific discussion forums and case study analysis.Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the most frequently used quantitative methods for analyzing data and solving decision related problems.
- Utilize quantitative methods to understand, interpret, and apply statistical methods and models commonly used in the analysis of business data.
- Implement quantitative assessment/analyses methods using MicroSoft Excel Spreadsheets.
- Develop appropriate and relevant conclusions from analyses by assessing the degree of structure or predictability in the data.
- Assess the degree of uncertainty or imprecision in parameter estimates (with confidence intervals and measures of sampling variability).
- Recognizing the limitations and assumptions of the data or statistical technique .
- Interpret your conclusions to identify settings in which models can be used effectively and apply modeling concepts in practical situations.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the concepts and constructs.