Single Master’s-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as finance, human resources, change management, international business and project management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Graduate Business Courses
MKT 86502 Marketing Management
This course is an in-depth examination of marketing environments and marketing activities and their impact on organizational operations in competitive business settings. The course covers both domestic and international structure of the fundamental marketing functions of product, distribution, pricing, promotion, customer relations, advertising, and production. It discusses competition, consumer behavior, new product development and market strategies.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Demonstrate how strategic planning is carried out at different levels of the organization.
- Illustrate how consumer characteristics influence buying decisions
- Identify different levels of market segmentation
- Compare the important decisions in developing a branding strategy
- Summarize how marketers can assess their returns on investment of marketing expenditures
- Demonstrate how consumers process and evaluate prices
- Assess the challenges a company faces in developing new products
- Formulate a plan to analyze competitor's strategies, objectives, strengths, and weaknesses
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts