Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
ACT 2204 Tax Accounting II
A continuation of Tax Accounting I, this course examines present federal income tax law and develops an understanding of the accounting principles and procedures involved in preparing tax returns for partnerships, estates, trusts, and corporations.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interactiion with other Learners and your Mentor
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of uding each of the alternative business forms
- Explain the types of tax-free reorganizations and their requirements
- Compute a corporation’s taxable income.
- Calculate the various forms of tax liabilities and formulas
- Apply theory and knowledge gained to communicate and solve problems in areas relating to federal income tax practice, compliance and planning matters
- Develop the necessary information for federal tax preparation and prepare tax returns according to tax laws and regulations
- Interpret relevant facts relating to a variety of federal income tax practice, compliance and planning scenarios
- Gather and analyze necessary information for business and payroll-related taxes
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts