Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
BUS 2300 Introduction to Business
This course explores the world of business and economics, the ethical and social responsibility issues that affect business firms and our society, and the increasing importance of international business. Topics include trends in business today, entrepreneurship, management and organization, producing quality goods and services, human resources, marketing, acquiring, organizing, and using information, accounting, finance and investment, financial management, and personal finances and investments.Learning Outcomes:
- Define and explain business and its basic terms.
- Define ethics and understand the approaches to making ethical decisions.
- Compare the different strategies for reaching global markets.
- Describe the traits of a successful entrepreneur.
- Describe the Human Resource Management process.
- Identify and describe techniques that improve productivity.
- Describe the steps in the accounting cycle and explain different areas of accounting.
- Explain the strategies of building a financial base.
- Summarize the basics of economics, including supply and demand.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.