Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
BUS 2301 Business Law
This course presents basic legal principles to familiarize Learners with the everyday procedures in business. Topics include: Contracts, Personal Property, Sales, Negotiable Instruments, Agency and Employment, Business Organization, Risk-Bearing Devices, and Real Property.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor via written or oral communition.
- Describe the legal system in the United States.
- Differentiate between the types of contracts.
- Identify the requirements of negotiability.
- Explain how agency is created.
- Describe labor legislation.
- Explain the principles of insurance.
- Explain the purposes for bankruptcy.
- Define the the nature and transfer of real property.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.