Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
BUS 2405 Career Management and Personal Marketing
This course explores the basic concepts of career planning, self-assessment, career exploration, and career decision making, as well as resume and cover letter preparation. The job search process is viewed from the prospective of determining the job market and researching prospective employers. Interview techniques are also presented.Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the seven personal qualities for success
- Illustrate the need to work well with people from diverse cultures, ages and abilities.
- Integrate goal setting into your essential job skills.
- Identity the need for budgeting and maximizing money through spending and saving wisely.
- Demonstrate specific reasons why effective note taking, reading and writing are necessary for all careers.
- Rank effective communication as the cornerstone of successful work relationships.
- Identify requirements and choices for a career position.
- Prepare a cover letter.
- Design an effective Resume.
- Compose a Thank You Letter.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Access information efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate information critically and competently
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology