Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
BUS 2415 Business Negotiation
This course is intended to guide Learners through the major concepts and theories of negotiation, the psychology of bargaining, and the dynamics of interpersonal and intergroup conflict and resolution. It teaches how to recognize negotiation situations, understand how negotiation works, know how to plan, implement, and complete successful negotiations, and more importantly, be able to maximize results.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with other Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Investigate the nature and role of negotiations in the distributive bargaining process.
- Explain how various strategies, tactics and behavior characteristics impact the negotiation process and situation.
- Examine how efficient communications, power and influence provide an effective negotiations environment.
- Determine how ethics, relationships and personal interactions strength your negotiation skills and abilities.
- Assess the benefits for properly implementing coalitions, teams and gender utilization during the negotiation process.
- Explore the importance of personalities and cross-cultural differences in negotiating various types of impasses.
- Investigate how to handle difficult negotiations and third parties in developing the best practice and desired results.
- Conduct research into a negotiation case issue, relative to the course objectives, and prepare a Case Study Analysis based on your findings and analysis.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the concepts and constructs.