Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
FIN 2305 Introduction to Banking
This course provides learners with an introduction to the core content, knowledge and skills in the field of banking (or credit union-ing) and finance. It provides an academic foundation in the areas of financial service transactions, customer/member service, regulations and procedures critical to the financial services industry, and identity theft. The assessment structure is practice driven with an application of skills aimed at gaining a basic understanding of the financial services arena.Learning Outcomes:
- Interpret key issues and challenges related to the banking industry.
- Explain regulations pertinent to the U.S. banking system.
- Discuss types of risks and how to manage these risks.
- Describe various products available to consumers from banks.
- Discuss recent trends in the banking industry.
- Describe the content and purpose of an annual report.
- Examine the role of customer service in banking.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.