Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
HRM 2103 Staffing Organizations
This course will take an in-depth look at the rapidly evolving series of strategic, technological, practical, and legal issues that are confronting today’s organizations and their staffing systems. We will cover strategies in human relations (HR) and staffing, as well as in the organization. In addition, policies and programs with regards to support and core staffing will also be discussed.Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the basic picture of a staffing model.
- Understand the significance of legal compliance and regulations.
- Differentiate between various methods of planning.
- Discuss the process of job analysis and types of job rewards.
- Classify recruitment into two types: External and Internal.
- Examine the process of externally and internally selecting a job applicant.
- Describe the decision-making process for selecting a job applicant.
- Demonstrate how a final match is made between an employer and job applicant.
- Outline the concept of staffing system and retention management.
- Summarize the use of measurement in staffing.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.