Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
LDR 2100 Foundations of Leadership
Leadership is a combination of human behavior, business skills, social functions, and group interaction. This course provides the necessary tools, concepts, and skills that are important to the role of leadership development. The student learns based on both a theoretical foundation, as well as, from learning exercises, which help personalize the subject matter. The focus of this course is for the student to develop their full potential as a leader, and become the type of leader others will admire and want to emulate.Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between leadership trait and behavior theories.
- Explain how to create leadership vision.
- Demonstrate how to motivate employees in a company.
- Identify the five principles of leadership that empower people.
- Define the principles of empowerment and the 14 Deming points.
- Explain how personality change over time affects leadership.
- Explain performance management and performance reviews.
- Summarize the principles for effective discipline and corrective action.
- Assess how to improve future leadership growth characteristics ensuring human relations skills.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.