Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
MGT 2404 Contemporary Management
This course will look at the planning, leading, organizing and controlling of individuals within an organization or business in order to effectively and efficiently reach their goals. It provides an overview of theories, concepts and techniques of management in today’s business organizations and the role of the manager in today’s society.Learning Outcomes:
- Describe what management is, why management is important, and what managers do.
- Explain the relationship between ethics and the law.
- Classify the steps managers can take to effectively manage diversity.
- Explain why the ability to respond appropriately to the organizational environment is crucial for managerial success.
- Describe the six steps that managers should take to make the best decisions.
- Illustrate the factors that influence managers' choice of an organizational structure.
- Explain why strategic human resource management can help an organization gain a competitive advantage.
- Explain what motivation is and why managers need to be concerned about it.
- Summarize why groups and teams are key contributors to organizational effectiveness.
- Explain why effective communication helps an organization gain a competitive advantage.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.