Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87120 Enhancing Performance: Preparation/Motivation
This course explores the improvement of performance through mental strategies such as visualization, meditation, hypnosis, autogenic training, biofeedback, and progressive relaxation.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of psychology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Describe how Motivation effects athletic ability
- Identify coping strategies to deal with competitive stress and eliminate anxiety
- Examine the process of psychological self-regulation by use of imagery, visualization and self hypnosis
- Describe strategies for building self-confidence
- Assess eating disorders in sports