Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87530 Dream Analysis
This course demonstrates a practical approach to working with dreams, both in groups and with individuals. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) nightmares are also addressed. The focus of study is the exploration of both the purpose and function of dreams in everyday life, highlighting psychological connections between waking and dreaming life. A variety of different psychological approaches to dreams are examined.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Analyze major approaches to dream analysis
- Assess sample dreams according to various theoretical perspectives
- Analyze opinions related to dream analysis techniques
- Create a dream diary and be able to describe and interpret these dreams
- Demonstrate the relationship of thoughts and emotions to understanding dreams
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology